Why Martin Luther Campus?
• Individualized care and services developed through team approach with therapists, consulting physicians, nurses, social workers, dieticians, therapeutic recreation and spiritual care
• Therapy scheduled to best accommodate patient and family
• Option to benefit from Aquatic Therapy on an outpatient basis
• State-of-the-art Hydroworx™ pool with underwater treadmill and resistance jet technology as used by injured Minnesota Vikings™ running back Adrian Peterson after his 2011 ACL injury
What is Aquatic Therapy?
Aquatic Therapy is a form of rehabilitation exercise performed in a warm pool environment, using water’s natural properties of buoyancy and resistance to benefit patients having difficulty with weight bearing activities.
Centrex Rehab provides inpatient and outpatient therapy performed by highly trained
therapists with expertise in aquatic, orthopedic, and geriatric rehabilitation.
Patients with these challenges could benefit from aquatic therapy:
• Orthopedic injuries
• Neurological conditions such as CVA, Parkinson’s and Multiple Sclerosis
• Spinal injuries and conditions
• Traumatic brain injuries
• Pain syndromes
• Balance disorders
• Musculoskeletal disorders
• Obesity and diseases limiting endurance
What are the benefits of Aquatic Therapy?
• Offers one-on-one care from a
licensed physical therapist
• Gently builds strength and muscle tone
• Increases blood circulation
• Improves range of motion
• Decreases joint stress
• Reduces pain
• Minimizes swelling
• Delivers better joint position awareness
• Develops core strength